Click on the collapsible panel to open and close it.
Title IX Coordinator
507-234-5181 option 4
507-234-5181 option 4
It is the basic educational philosophy of the JWP School District to prepare our students to become productive, contributing citizens of our community and society. We believe that a comprehensive program of student activities is vital to the educational development of our students. The athletic/activities program is an extension of this philosophy. We believe an objective of a well-designed program is that the participants have fun.
Within this context, it is the purpose of the school’s athletic/activities program to foster and promote:
- Appropriate physical, social and psychological development.
- The ideals of competition, teamwork, and sportsmanship while achieving the twin goals of success and participation.
- The development of self-confidence, self-discipline, organization, decision making skills and goal orientation.
- The concept of an integral relationship between a sound mind and a sound body leading to a lifetime of appreciation for physical fitness and good health habits.
- A positive feeling of school loyalty and pride which can be shared by all participants, other students, parents, coaches and the community as a whole.
- The development of self-esteem and a healthy self-concept. Regardless of the role students play on a team, they should complete their experience in athletics feeling good about themselves.
JWP School District has an active commitment to meet the following goals in its Activities Program.
- To provide all student-athletes with positive experiences, which promote the ideals of leadership, physical fitness, competition and the pursuit of excellence.
- To protect the well-being of student-athletes through policies and procedures concerned with safety, fitness, and injury.
- To instill good sportsmanship and citizenship, ethical behavior, integrity and honesty, and desirable health and safety habits into our students.
- To develop friendships and respect for teammates, opponents and coaches through the social experiences and contests with schools in other communities.
- To foster progress of students through the academic curriculum at Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton Schools.
To the left are helpful sub-sites for fans, parents, advisors, and coaches.
Please utilize this website to answer any questions you may have.
If you have any questions unanswered on this website, please contact JWP Activities.